Saturday, January 03, 2009

Nearly there...

It took a few days for me to draw all the adverts and place them into the relevant spaces; several of the companies had specified that they had to go onto a particular month. I played around with the positioning of them to ensure that each month had a variety of different trades displayed and that the adverts complemented each other.

I then carefully placed the scanned images of the children's pictures into the correct month - they had already been decided upon by Pride members - and added the correct child's name. This in itself was an issue that had not been fully resolved as we were still awaiting a decision on whether we could use the full name of each child or only the first name. Plus, we were still waiting for a definitive list of all the names anyway! The details eventually came through and the full names were allowed by the school.

The cover was designed quite quickly - the only problem was in deciding on a title for the calendar. I chose to call it "Brighouse 2009 - our town through young eyes". Slightly corny, but in the abscence of any firm details from the Pride, I had to use something or the cover would be, at best, anonymous and possible even confusing.

The first 9 months plus cover were now ready to show to Sue. I took a trip to her office armed with a set of prints and my Apple Mac to see her. Sue was delighted with the look of the pages and gave the thumbs up for me to send the artwork to Netherton Cross.

I returned to my studio and prepared the files for print and burnt a CD to take to the printers.

No comments: